Welcome to our crazy, chaotic little family, Tessie!
Yes, that would be her sleeping on my feet last night! And we got her yesterday, rather than today, since I decided I needed someone to drive me so I could have her sit in my lap on the way home, and the only person I could find to do it could only do it yesterday. I didn’t tell the girls about the change in plans, so they were extra thrilled when I showed up to pick them up last night with a puppy in my arms!
- I haven’t actually had a puppy since I was a child – my dogs as an adult were all over a year when they came to me
- I’ve never crate trained a dog (when I first heard about it around 10 years ago I was appalled – I’ve learned to see the benefits over the years however)
- My kids are way too excited to really participate in the training process, meaning things are a bit stressful for me
- She is freaking adorable!
- She is so sweet!
- She loves people! Especially me!
So far I have to say parenting a new puppy is very similar to a child, which has its plusses and minuses for me. Anyway, stay tuned as I’m sure you’ll be hearing lots more about her in the future!