Some things that happened over the weekend:
- On Saturday we raked the leaves out of Tessie’s little fenced area, and most of the rest of the backyard.
- On Sunday when we got up there were at least half again as many leaves as we had raked up. Really, why bother?
- Watched a pretty darn decent Patriots team defeat the Bills, 20-10. Tom, who? No, but seriously, we miss Tom Brady, but everyone is stepping up. Way to be a team. I’m nearly as proud as if I were on the team. Or their mothers. Which is actually possible. Yikes!
- Made apple crisp with the girls. They got to learn what a pastry cutter is. I think the one I have might be an antique.
- During the raking Tessie discovered she can leap through the railings surrounding my deck, and remembered it in earnest on Sunday. After chasing after her on three separate occasions, I made the executive decision that she will be leashed until I can put up the same sort of stuff I have under the deck. Cause I need one more thing to do.
- Friday night I went to a Silpada jewelry party at my oldest friend’s house. She lives in the next town but this the first time we’ve seen each other in six months. Pretty pathetic, huh? I didn’t buy any jewelry – $40 for a pair of earrings is just too rich for me. However, that is what I paid the sitter.
- Oh, I also worked for three hours on Saturday afternoon. At my job. Which I hope I still have at this time next week.
Them there’s the highlights – did you do anything worth noting over the weekend?