Where is everybody? Including me, I should add.
I have about 25 blogs in my reader – some of them are on the blogroll, but some are newer that I just haven’t added yet (sorry – I will, I promise!). But it seems most of the blogs I read have been mysteriously quiet these last few weeks. I feel like I’ve gone quiet lately too – after posting everyday in November for NaBloPoMo, and being so inspired that I posted much more than I exected in December, January is feeling a little barren for me, and apparently for everyone else.
Some things to come back to:
- My girls’ birthday party is today. Actually, I’m having some stress about whether it will actually happen, due to the fact I booked it online in October and that’s the last contact I’ve had with them. Since we have 22 kids coming I’m starting to really stress about it. I’ll find out, one way or the other, in a few hours!
- I had a post in draft form about my ex, and he is here this weekend (at Krystal’s request) for the party. The four of us had dinner last night, at his suggestion. And he’s going to do some work on my house today. The post will have to be reworked, or possibly abandoned, after this weekend. (Don’t worry, he’s still an ex – that’s not the direction I’m going here!)
- Belle – so much to say about her. I don’t post much about it here because I don’t know how to do it and still feel good about it. But I really should – maybe writing about it will help, and possibly one or more of you have ideas.
- Rumor has it: This Tuesday (Feb 3) my company will be issuing another round of layoffs (rumors in the past have been astonishingly accurate, so I’m reporting this as fact, pretty much). While I obviously am not wishing to be one of them, a tiny piece of me sees it as a possible push to make a positive change for us. Too bad about the money thing!
- Speaking of money, I just enrolled Krystal and Belle in the local YMCA camp that Krystal has attended the last two summers. Last summer I was less thrilled than I had been the year before, but I’m giving them another year for two big reasons: 1) they offered free pre and post child care (the camp itself runs from 9-4, and my work hours are longer than that) if you pay in full by Feb 1, and 2) it will be such a relief to finally have both kids in one location for drop-off/pick-up….oh, and 3) I’m saving almost $100 a week over the day care that Belle has been at – she’s finally old enough to attend the YMCA camp. So it cost me a lot up front, but in the end I’m saving about $500 with the free pre/post care (for both kids) and of course the $800+ that I’m not spending on Belle’s summer. But she’ll be back to the usual school for private Kindergarten in the fall, since my town only offers half day Kindergarten. Unless I lose my job, then who knows what we’ll do?
So much for quiet, eh?
I was thinking the same thing when I posted my first blog entry in ages. I just worry that what I say is trite because a lot of my life is just living.
Been there, done that on the job front…not my jobs, my husband’s. It is just part of the business. Each step has seemed the biggest and so far, so good. I wish you the same.
wow, you’re right, that is a lot to not blog about…hate it when that happens.
You’ve seemed verrrrrry quiet to me, because for some reason, your blog is *still* not updating in Bloglines! (I think I mentioned this before?) I have tried resubscribing, too. No idea what the issue is, but thought you might want to check it out.
Since I was one of the quiet ones I was actually kind of grateful that so many other people seemed to take December off too. I think I have 50 blogs on my list (I can’t imagine what I would do if I had a full-time job in addition to the kids – there wouldn’t be 50 blogs on the list, to begin with). I still haven’t caught up with everyone, but I’m all the way through the Rs (I actually jumped ahead to catch up with some folks like you and Suldog who were kind enough to email and ask about me.) But like you I have all kinds of things I want to post about, and they just keep accumulating.