Amber, over at Mommy Mania, has given me an award!
I’m truly thrilled to get it, but as with so much in life, I feel like an impostor in accepting it. But, like so much else in life, I’ll take it when I can get it! If you only knew!
So, here’s what you do:
- Admit that ONE thing you feel awful about involving being a mom. Get it off your shoulders. Once you’ve written it down, you are NO LONGER allowed to feel bad. It’s over with, it’s in the past. Remember, you’re a good mom!
- To remind yourself that you ARE a good mom, list SEVEN things you love about your kids, you love doing with your kids, or that your kids love about you. These are the things to remind yourself of EVERY DAY that you rock!
- Send this to FIVE other Moms of the Year that deserve forgiveness and a reminder that they, too, are the best moms they can be!!! Remember to send them a note to let them know you’ve selected them, and add a link to the person who nominated you!
Here are my answers:
- I HATE that I feel angry so much of the time (I have a post half-written on this). My kids are, generally, sweet, kind, funny, lovely people. Yet they push my buttons and my patience is often in such short supply. I dread the thought that the memories they will have of me are being tainted. And it’s all my own fault.
- Seven things? I’m not sure I can think of seven things! OK, 1) My kids often say I am “the best mom ever”, usually in response to my saying yes to a request, but hey, I’ll take it. 2) Belle in particular loves to tell me she loves me. Often. (16 times a day? A minute?) 3) The kids love to make things with me: dinner, cookies, most anything. 4) When I announce an outing I am the star of the day. 5) My kids have a fantastic sense of humor. 6) My kids love books, love learning and love to ask questions. 7)Krystal in particular is a thoughtful friend. I think I am raising them with good values, but the proof is in the pudding, and this particular pudding takes a long time to set.
- I’ll mention 5 moms I happen to read, but they’ll have to stumble upon themselves here. Janet, Starstruk (her kids are grown, but you never stop being a mom), Marcia, Snickollet and Jen.
Oh hey, look what I found! That may be the funniest picture ever. Mine would both be very surprised to learn that “Mean old Mommy” got this.
I’d probably have to steal your answer. It seems like I’m always angry about something.
Oh, I’m going to redo the Bucket list and also answer your question about what I think the kids should experience. Very thoughtful, you are!
I saw this when you posted it, but I can’t believe it’s taken me a month to get started on it. I’ll be posting my answers soon.