100 (if I can think of that many) Trivial Tidbits about Ragtop Day
- I wear a size 8 shoe
- I wear a size 8 pant – what a coincidence!!
- I have thought about getting a tattoo many times, but since I can’t decide what to get, or where to put it, it hasn’t happened. I struggle to think of something I’ll still want to see from my bed in the nursing home.
- I have been engaged twice, married once, divorced once.
- I have 2 children, one adopted prior to my marriage, one after my divorce.
- My blood type is O Negative, the universal donor, so I feel an obligation to donate blood as often as I can.
- I had a short story published in our town’s local paper when I was in 8th grade.
- I have been longing for publication ever since.
- My date for my senior prom and I had just recently broken up – we sat at a table with the guy I had pined for all through high school (though today I can’t imagine why…)
- I have never had even one puff of a cigarette.
- My 9th grade home ec teacher told me I was the most sarcastic person she had ever known. (huh!)
- I wanted to be a veterinarian when I was growing up. Then in college I decided I didn’t want to have to work hard enough to get into vet school. Ambitious, eh?
- I won the “Physical Education Award” in 10th grade. Still have no idea what distinguished me from the other kids in my class for that prestigious honor.
- I graduated 5th in my high school class (out of 220).
- I was maybe 2000 in my college class (out of 2500). Not quite the scholar then. But I had fun.
- The name of my high school has the word “Academy” in it.
- It is the town’s public high school.
- I feel the need to explain that anytime I have to tell someone the name of the high school I attended, lest they think me or my family incredibly rich or snobbish (we/I are neither).
- I shoplifted a couple of times in college. Not proud of it.
- I didn’t get my ears pierced till I was a junior in high school (ancient!).
- I think I could live on pizza, chocolate and ice cream.
- And popcorn.
- I am not a girly girl, and can’t understand many women’s obsession with shopping, or shoes, or purses, hair or make up.
- I don’t even know how to wear make up.
- It’s probably time I learned, since at my age I’d probably look a little better with it.
- I love musicals.
- I love reading.
- But since becoming a parent, I don’t have as much time for it as I’d like.
- I wish I had taken Spanish in high school instead of Latin.
- A great wish for my daughters is that they learn to speak at least conversational Mandarin.
- When I was a kid I hated cheese. My mom would have to make my English Muffin pizza without it. Now I love cheese!
- When I was a kid I loved to swim. You couldn’t get me out of the water! Now I hate the idea of getting wet, especially my hair, unless it is screaming hot out.
- I bought my first CD player in 1992 because someone gave me Bonnie Raitt’s “Nick of Time” on CD.
- I don’t like hot drinks.
- Except an occasional hot cocoa.
- I never really developed a taste for beer (or coffee, see #34).
- Even though I am a country girl at heart, I wish I could spend some time living in a big city for a year or so.
- I love summer.
- I would like to live in a place where I can wear shorts everyday.
- So what am I doing living in New England?
- I had a mullett in the late 80’s/early 90’s. <shudder>
- I hate clutter.
- My house is a clutter magnet, especially since I have two young children.
- I am always a stickler for making sure I spell someone’s name correctly. This comes from a lifetime of having both my first and last names massacred on a daily basis (and they are not that hard, people!).
- My mom thought she made up my first name.
- She didn’t. While it was very unusual when I was born, today there are thousands of us running around.
- I like to cook.
- But I don’t do it that much because cleaning up seems so daunting.
- I am a better parent in theory than I am in practice.
- But I’d like to be better than that.
- I have jumped out of a perfeclty good airplane. Five times.
- I served in the US Army (see #51).
- I don’t cry easily.
- But when I do, I cry for reasons I’d forgotten about, along with whatever set me off.
- I love the Internet, and can’t imagine my life now without it.
- When I was in college, Windows didn’t even exist.
- I love to nap.
- I don’t get to do it as much as I’d like.
- Coming up with 100 things is much harder than I thought!
- My left ear is double pierced, but I haven’t worn an earring in it in years.
- I think age 9 or 10 is a good age to get ears pierced, if the child wants it.
- My 5 year old thinks now is a good age. (good lord, she’s 8 now! see how long I’ve been working on this!)
- I taught myself to juggle when I was supposed to be studying for an Economics exam.
- My taste in music is much more conventional than I wish it were.
- But I like what I like.
- I like plain M&M’s – no peanuts, almonds, peanut butter or crunchy stuff in it for me.
- I also do not like walnuts in my brownies. Give me a plain brownie or give me nothing. Though I wouldn’t mind some chocolate chips in it if you feel the need to add something.
- I love gadgets.
- I ran my first marathon in 2000 to raise money for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society in Anchorage, Alaska. I loved everything about that experience and would love to repeat it.
- I had an accident falling off a dirt bike a few years ago which damaged my right knee. While I can still do recreational running (3 miles or so), I’m worried that running 26.2 miles would not be wise.
- I think I want a boyfriend/husband more in theory than in practice.
Hey, I only see 65 of 100! What’s up with that? (or is this a work in progress?)
Still working to come up with 35 more things…
Pingback: My 15 Minutes « Ragtop Day
Pingback: Excellent fuzion digital scale